Survey shows that 77% of customers will abandon a purchase because of unsatisfactory shipping options. Having a trustworthy and effective logistics partner is essential to your business as we continue to progress in the fast-paced world of e-commerce, especially when it comes to importing or exporting goods.
For instance, with the growing demand for online/overseas procuring/shopping and increasing importation, it is important to pay attention to quick and reliable logistics services.
In this article, we bring you a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the logistics challenges of importing/exporting, warehousing and last mile delivery management.
E-logistics involves the management of moving inventory from the manufacturer to your doorstep on an online platform. Especially in the toughening economic times, managing costs and efficiency through online inventory management, Virtual warehousing and storage, Order fulfillment (picking, packing, and shipping orders), as well as distribution services is really crucial to the survival of a business.
Are you importing from overseas and you don’t know where to start? Get started with Globeflight, your logistics partner.
Adopting Your e-commerce logistics
- Sourcing and Importing Products: Before you can even think of how the goods get to your doorstep, you need to source. Here are the key steps to manage this aspect effectively.
- Supplier Selection: Research and identify reputable suppliers, whether domestic or international, that can provide the products you need at competitive prices.
- Quality Control: Implement quality control measures to ensure that the products you import meet the required standards and match their descriptions.
- Import Documentation: Partner and Seek the services of a reputable service oriented logistics agent to help you familiarize yourself with the documentation required for importing or exporting goods, such as invoices, packing lists, and correct tax tariffs for customs clearance among other international trade regulations.
- Inventory Management: Efficient inventory management is essential to avoid overstocking or understocking your products, and helps you save on space and cut on related costs. This ensures that you can meet customer demand while optimizing your costs.
- Inventory Forecasting: Use historical sales data and market trends to predict demand and maintain an appropriate inventory level.
- Warehousing: Select suitable or third-party logistics providers. Don’t let your valuable imports gather dust in overcrowded storage spaces.
Choose our state-of-the-art warehousing solutions to safeguard your goods, maintain inventory accuracy, and ensure swift distribution,
- Order Fulfillment: Once you have products in stock, it’s time to fulfill customer orders efficiently. This involves picking, packing, and shipping products to their destinations. A good warehousing, distribution and ecommerce partner will be so helpful at this point to help you reduce the hassle.
- Picking and Packing: Optimize your picking and packing processes to reduce errors and save time and use effective packaging materials to protect products during transit.
- Shipping Options: Offer a range of shipping options to cater to different customer needs.
Need visibility for your online selling business and speedy delivery to your customers? Sell your products on Big Drop Kenya and let us handle the heavy lifting for you.
- Last Mile Delivery: Consider partnering with third-party delivery services to handle the last-mile delivery, especially in areas where you lack coverage.
Why struggle with last-mile delivery headaches? Don’t let geographical limitations hold you back. With our expertise in last-mile delivery, we’re your gateway to untapped markets.
- Returns (Reverse Logistics) and Customer Service: Effective management of returns (reverse logistics) and excellent customer service can set you apart from the competition and build customer loyalty.
Being an e-commerce era, effectively managing logistics for your import/export needs is complex but very essential. Efficient logistics management will not only ensure that your products are delivered to doorstep or your customers safely and on time, but will also help build trust and loyalty with your suppliers and/customers.
In conclusion, automated logistics is the key to success in the e-commerce era. As your expectations continue to rise, leveraging on partnerships that will enable you benefit from automation and other capital intensive requirements will help you cope with the increasingly challenging business environment by and give you limitless capacity to scale.
Embrace the future of logistics through partnerships to be well-positioned to match the challenges and opportunities ahead. With Globeflight, you will be able to; Ship, Clear, Warehouse, Distribute and Sell.